Welcome to Reception
There are two Reception classes in our EYFS led by Mrs Locker and Mrs Nixon.
Reception is such a fun and exciting year. During this year the children will combine a mix of learning and exploring through play with more table-based learning, transitioning into a more structured approach ready for Year 1. It is our job to instil a love of learning in the children – we encourage curiosity and problem solving and resilience to keep trying. These things are so important to set the children off on the right foot for their school journey!
The EYFS Curriculum has seven areas of learning, with them being split into two main areas. Prime and Specific.
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development
2. Communication and Language
3. Physical development
1. Literacy (Reading and Writing)
3. Understanding the world
4. Expressive Arts and Design
• Gates open at 8:20am. Registers are completed by 8:30am.
• School finishes at 3:00pm.
• Ensure everything is labelled
• Children to bring a snack for morning break. Fruit is provided for the afternoon break.
• PE day is Wednesday.
• Children bring a water bottle to school daily-bottles can be refilled at school.
• Children should have a change of clothes including underwear in their school bag.
• Reading books are to be returned daily and diaries signed.
• Home learning books to be returned on Monday.